My Focus Is Different




Jesus left on record many things and examples that we could be using and seeing today at higher rates, in my humble opinion, with a spiritual mission minded focus in these last days.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:33 KJV

"For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." - John 5:20 KJV


I look at my generation and the upcoming generation and I see the effects of not understanding that the spiritual side of life in Jesus is very real. Both the negative side and the positive side, but not enough biblical understanding/clarity to see that what Jesus taught is VERY relevant today. Lessons able to move us towards the 'greater works' era, despite the good, the bad, and ugly we may see around us.


Jesus left what we needed to know, it's just often times this generation just doesn't understands how to read, interpret, and relate spiritually. Which honestly can only happen at the highest spiritual levels via the Holy Ghost(#Acts238!) and earnestly and sincerely seeking the spiritual truth of Jesus' Apostolic teachings. Maybe I'm one of the few to notice and be willing to speak on some things that seem simple to me, but many either miss or don't acknowledge, for whatever reason.


I'm the kinda person that will pray and speak up when led. In this post I felt led to remind my readers that no matter your position in life and in the faith, you get judge on what you do. It's vital not to forget this fact. Because when judgment day occurs, we are judged on what we do.


 “42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.” - Acts 10:42 KJV

It doesn't matter if you are married with or without kids, single with or without kids. The ultimate account you will have to give will be on yourself alone and what you were responsible for while you were down here. Too often I have witnessed people lose sight that keeping Jesus number 1 is vital.


What if the ones you think you can depend on drop the ball on you? Marriage and kids are great if that's the will of God for some, but it shouldn't make you lose focus on the spiritual truth that you gotta be able to stand to give an account on your own (Totally would have talked to Dad Adam and Mom Eve about this!!! No finger pointing allowed! hehe). All my life I've seen it happen where people in the truth get lost in this carnal realm, thinking they are fine, when they are slowly losing spiritual focus.


It is partly what drives me to insure that does not occur with me because I greatly desire to 'marvel' at what Jesus can do instead of just going to church and puttering along knowing that there is a high level of living for Jesus spiritually that can be achieved if we really give Him our all. I've seen glimpses of this even while dealing with #POTS. Teaching me that to work to remain sensitive to the will of Jesus for my unique life, instead of having this 'one day my prince will come' ideology. Jesus is the one we are guaranteed is coming back for us all..... ^_^ Can you imagine how differently things would have gone if Jesus' focus wasn't spiritual but rather just seeking out someone to marry? Or always being concerned about finding a 'queen' for himself? As Apostolic believers we say we pray and praise Jesus, though to me I realize that His 'uneducated', unmarried, childless status, and lack of material goods would get Him ignored and dismissed by most, even within the Apostolic truth today. I'm just gonna say it.


One time I heard someone actually in the Apostolic truth say 'You aren't really a person and your life doesn't really begin until you are married and have a child of your own' I was young and instantly was reminded of the likes of Jesus Himself, Paul, and Old Testament legends like Enoch, Elijah, and Elisha, just off the top of my head. With this commonly held belief in some circles, we dismiss the very ones the faith is built on, Jesus. Jesus doesn't miss anything. Think about how those who fit in this category in your life, in your church, your social gatherings, some are in better positions than others, but some are not. Some are ignored and dismissed. And these are your spiritual brothers and sisters. I can't count the times I have been dismissed or even experienced the passive aggressive polite putdown in social settings simply because of my adult single, unmarried, childless status. A double whammy when people often don't understand #POTS already! LOL


I really do understand some of Jesus' frustrating interactions around this over focus on marriage instead of Spirituality here “The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. And last of all the woman died also. Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.” - Matthew 22:23‭-‬28 KJV

Ugh. Jesus is God in the flesh and this is basically a 'who would get the girl?'.... in heaven question.... Even then the focus was so off spiritually. This over focus is done in err, according to Jesus.

“Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine. But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.” - Matthew 22:29‭-‬34 KJV

Here again we see Jesus correctly refocus on the spiritual truth of what is really important. Marriage is a blessed gift, but not the end of be all of life down here on earth. Having kids is a blessing. Nevertheless, that's not the will of Jesus for everybody's life. And if it's not God's will for your life, what are you going to do? There is more to life in Christ than just getting married and having kids. Some spiritually aren't strong in certain areas and Paul totally acknowledged this here

But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.” - 1 Corinthians 7:6-8 KJV



The more I grow in my faith, I understand what Paul was desperately trying to communicate. When certain levels can be attained with true spiritual focus on Jesus alone, powered by sheer Holy Ghost, something is unleashed. I've experienced it even in the midst of suffering. If it's God's will for me in the future to marry, I adjust to the ACTUAL will of Jesus (not some peer-pressured match-make attempt attempt. I don't date, I'm that serious), but I know it's not the peak of life in Jesus. More need to know so they can refocus and appreciate the gifts Jesus has given and cultivate those positive gifts to further the kingdom the way Jesus wants via the Holy Ghost. My life is not the norm in the faith, I'm an anomaly big time, and everyone isn't like me (Thankfully because the world can only handle one #POTSWarrior4Jesus like me!). But when we place the will of God for our lives in a box, it limits what Jesus could do spiritually if we let Him. Especially through the very group he would have been placed in today. I'm continually surprised when I find people who understand this aspect of life, and I hope this gets the conversation started for someone reading this that you are important to the Kingdom of God. For those single, unmarried, and without any kids, your presence makes sense and the positive affect you have reaches further than you'll ever know. Jesus sees you!


Comments

Popular Posts